The aim of this special issue is to contribute to enhanced public health and health system resilience through addressing governance issues during the pandemic. Articles draw on the expertise of the WHO Regional Office for Europe’s Division of Country Health Policies and Systems, the Health Emergencies team, the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, and other experts.
This issue is being released for dissemination at the 71st session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe. Contents includes:
- Health system resilience during the pandemic
- Drawing lessons on better governing for emergencies
- Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe
- Effective pandemic preparedness and hard questions about sovereignty
- 'Build forward better': engage with communities and civil society