Ending the Pandemic: The Road to an Inclusive Recovery
The World Bank will convene leading voices from global and country leaders, civil society, and the private sector to make a powerful case for more equitable access to vaccines for developing countries. We will highlight the actions being taken to achieve this, and emphasize the importance of strong health systems to successful vaccine deployment and the importance of better pandemic preparedness to building resilience against future pandemics.
Vaccinating the world
Moderated, dynamic discussion with the heads of organizations leading the Task Force on COVID-19 Vaccines, Therapeutics and Diagnostics for Developing Countries.
- David Malpass, President, WBG
- Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director, IMF
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General, WHO
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Director General, WTO
Private sector partnerships on vaccines
Conversation with private sector leaders on the key role of private sector in playing on vaccines for developing countries through the production and manufacturing of therapeutics, testing and vaccines essential for halting the spread.
- Strive Masiyiwa, African Union Special Envoy and coordinator of the AVATT.
- Moderator: Makhtar Diop, MD IFC
Regional & country voices
Voices from a range of low- and middle-income countries including civil society, youth voices, and regional leadership.